Please download our .csv spreadsheet template here to get started.
This template can be opened and edited using Microsoft Excel.
Please note that non-English characters and symbols cannot be used in contact names. The following is a list of supported characters: English letters A-Z & Numbers, underscore ( _ ), space, period (.), ampersand (&), apostrophe ( ' ), hyphen ( - ), comma ( , ).
FORMATTING THE .csv SPREADSHEET
- Do not change the template column headers, otherwise the spreadsheet will not upload correctly.
- You may type or paste your contacts into the template.
- At minimum, the "Name" and "Email" columns need to be completed. It is ok to leave the other columns blank.
- Save your .csv spreadsheet.
RE-FORMATTING AN EXISTING .xls/.xlsx/Google SPREADSHEET AS A .csv FILE
At minimum, you will need a "Name" column and an "Email" column set up exactly as shown above.
Once your .xls/.xlsx spreadsheet is complete, save your file as a .csv file by going to File > Save As... Then under File Format: go to Comma Separated Values (.csv) and then Save.
NOTE: Please save your .csv files by following these steps, as simply re-typing or typing over a file's extension to change it (i.e. .xls/.xlsx to .csv) may cause upload issues.
Or, once your Google sheet is complete, save your file as a .csv file by going to File > Download As > Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
UPLOADING YOUR .csv SPREADSHEET
- On your Add Guests delivery page, click on the "File Upload (.csv, .vcf)" link.
- On the Add Contacts / Upload a File modal that appears, click on the "Upload File" button.
- Navigate to where you saved your .csv file to select it for uploading. Please note that only .csv files can be accepted for uploading.
- The contacts will upload to your Add Guest delivery page automatically:
NOTE: Any duplicates or invalid contacts will result in upload errors and remain in the modal until duplicates are deleted and/or invalid email addresses are corrected.
If you need further assistance, please send your spreadsheet file to email@example.com and we're happy to take a look!