If you need to collect your recipients’ mailing addresses online for the next time you are sending invitations or thank you notes by mail, we can help! You have a few options for this, depending on the type of mailing you’re sending.
Am I designing a Card, Flyer, or Legacy Card?
Flyers have a different layout from Cards — if the invitation is split into two distinct sections with editable text on the left and an animated image on the right, it is a Flyer.
You can check the top left corner of the page to tell if your Card is a Legacy Card- any Legacy cards will show the word LEGACY next to our pigeon logo.
Card and Flyer
1. From your Create/Edit page, open the Event Details menu by clicking or tapping on any of the text details below the Card
2. Navigate to the Ask your guests questions option — if you do not see this option defaulted in the details menu, you may need to scroll to the bottom of the menu and expand the Additional details section, then toggle on Add question.
3. Once the questions option is toggled on, you can set the question type to "Mailing Address" or "Short Answer." If the type is set to Short Answer, you can click on the triangle to open a menu and swap the question type to "Mailing Address."
4. You can then customize the question that your recipients will be asked. Be sure to save your changes when you're finished editing!
For non-RSVP mailings, recipients will see the question and a prompt to respond.
For invitations with RSVP, your guests will be prompted to provide their mailing address, and to answer any additional questions you may have included, after they submit an RSVP.
After you send your mailing, you will be able to view and download recipient responses from the Questions page -- you can navigate here by selecting Questions from the Manage Tracking page.
OPTION 1 - If you’re sending an Announcement, Save the Date, or Greeting card, select this option on the Customize page of your design:
- Click through to the Reply Card element of your invitation.
- From the menu on the left, click on Reply card option.
- Select Save the Date and enable the "Request mailing addresses" option:
This will prompt your recipients to enter their mailing addresses when they open your mailing.
OPTION 2 - If you’re sending an Invitation with RSVPs:
- Click through to the Enter Details page of your invitation.
- Under "Additional options", enable the "Ask guests for their mailing address" option:
This will ask your guests for their mailing addresses after they confirm they will be attending your event.
Where do I find the collected addresses?
From your Tracking page:
- Click on the guest/recipient name to open up the Guest information panel to the right and view each person's mailing address information.
- If you'd like to export/print everyone's mailing address as a .csv spreadsheet file, go to the "Guest list option" drop down menu in the upper right corner and select either "Export list" or "Print list".
These addresses will also be saved in your Address Book under the Mailing Address column header. To export and download a .csv spreadsheet file for viewing/printing, click on the CSV button in the upper right corner.