When you send a card through Paperless Post, you have the ability to see when your recipients receive, view, and reply to your mailing by checking your recipient statuses on your Tracking page. Refresh the Tracking page to see updated statuses.
RSVP events will progress from Sending > Sent > Opened > Attending or Regrets.
All other event types will progress from Sending > Sent > Opened.
Here's a breakdown of what each of those statuses mean:
- Sending: Your card has left our sending servers and we are waiting for a response from the recipients' server. Refresh the Tracking page to see updated statuses. If you see anyone stuck in this status for more than an hour, reach out to us.
- Sent: Your card has been accepted by the recipients' server but has not yet been viewed. If you have any recipients who haven't opened their cards after 2-3 days, we will re-send them automatically. This only happens once per event, and only to recipients who haven't opened their cards yet.
- Opened: Your card has been viewed by your recipient, but they have not submitted an RSVP (if applicable).
- Attending: Your guest clicked "Will Attend" while viewing the invitation.
- Regrets: Your guest clicked "Will Not Attend" while viewing the invitation.
- Bounced: Your recipients' email address is either invalid or not accepting our emails at this time. You can update the address by clicking on the recipient and entering a new address in the panel that appears on the right. Some valid emails may bounce back due to high security settings (corporate, private, university, or work domains, for example). Those domains may need to whitelist our address in order to receive cards through Paperless Post.
- Unsubscribed: Your recipient has opted out of receiving any Paperless Post emails - you can let this recipient know they're listed as "Unsubscribed" and our Support team can help them opt back into receiving cards and invitations! Alternately, you can also send them a direct link to their card, or have it sent to you to forward by clicking on their name and opening the information panel on the right.
- Added: Guests who have been included in your guest list using the "Add without sending" tool. This means you can include them in your headcount, but did not send them an online card.
MANUAL STATUS CHANGE
You can also update any guest’s status manually for those who don’t use email, didn’t receive the invitation, or updated you about their plans in person. To do so, click on the guest name to open up the Guest information panel to the right. From the drop down menu, select the RSVP status you wish to manually update to.
ON MOBILE WEB: You will need to switch to the “full website” version to do so. Access the invite from your Post Box and go to Tracking. Using the gray drop down arrow under Manage, choose “update this guest” to change the guest status & save.