We are here to help if you need to cancel, postpone, or reschedule an event. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need assistance updating your event details or if you need us to credit Coins for sending a new invite for a rescheduled event.
We have designs available for sending wedding postponement cards to your guests, available here, and Change the Date cards here.
Am I designing a Card, Flyer, or Legacy Card?
Flyers have a different layout from Cards — if the invitation is split into two distinct sections with editable text on the left and an animated image on the right, it is a Flyer.
You can check the top left corner of the page to tell if your Card is a Legacy Card- any Legacy cards will show the word LEGACY next to our pigeon logo.
Card and Flyer
1. From the Manage Tracking page, click 'Edit' to navigate to your Event Details. From here, you can click on the Event Title to edit the title and event description to indicate the event has been canceled or postponed. Click Save:
2. Click Settings or RSVP Options and toggle 'Collect RSVPs' to off - this will prevent anyone else from being able to RSVP that they will attend your event. Click Save:
3. Once you are finished making changes, you can click 'Done' to navigate back to your Manage Tracking page. From there, you can select the 'Messages and Reminders' tool and choose the 'Write Your Own' template to send a note to your guests alerting them of the cancellation or change.
If you simply need to change the event date, no worries! You can use steps 1 and 3 above to update your event details and alert guests of the new event information. If you need any help with this, please let us know!
Legacy Card (Computer)
If you need to cancel or postpone an event from our desktop site, you can follow these steps:
- Hover over your name/email at the top right corner of the homepage and click My Events.
- Find your card under the Recent Activity tab or Sent and Scheduled tab, then click the ellipsis to the right of your card thumbnail to open the actions menu.
- From the menu, click Edit the design and then Edit the card I've sent from the Customize page that opens.
- Edit the text on the card to say something that indicates the event has been cancelled or postponed
- Use the Next arrow to the right of your card to progress to the Reply Card view. From the Reply Card Options menu on the left, select Greeting Card. This will remove the option for your guests to RSVP. For more info about changing the card type, see here.
- From your tracking page, use the Follow Up tool to send a note to all your guests alerting them of the cancellation. You can also cancel any future scheduled reminders if needed from the toolset.
For a rescheduled event, you have a couple of options:
- You can update the existing card for your guests to see a cancellation notice (See above). Then, create a new copy of the card to send, so that you can get a new, accurate headcount.
- Your other option would be to edit the existing card and send out a follow up message to your guests. With this option, it may be a little trickier to get an accurate headcount. Here's some additional information for this option.
Legacy Card (Mobile Web)
If you need to cancel an event from a browser on your mobile device, you can follow these steps:
- After logging in, tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- From the menu that opens, select My Events.
- Find your card and tap on it to open.
- Once the tracking page opens, tap Event from the top of the page.
- From the card view, tap Edit Event.
- Make your text edits so that guests can see the cancellation notice, then click Next until you return to your recipient page. Then click Done.
- From your tracking page, tap the email icon in the upper right corner to message your guests.
Legacy Card (iOS App)
If you need to cancel an event from our iOS app, you can follow these steps:
- After logging in, tap My Events at the bottom of the home screen.
- Find your invitation from the upcoming section at the top of your My Events page or scroll down and select the Sent section.
- Tap the card you need to edit. Once the card page opens, tap Edit from the top right corner of the screen to open a menu, and choose Edit Card Design to get back to the customize screen. (Please note that cards created on our desktop site cannot be edited from the iPhone app. Please don't hesitate to reach out - we are happy to make updates on your behalf).
- Make your text edits so guests can see that the event has been canceled and click Save - your guests will be able to see the update the next time they open your card.
- We also recommend sending a message to notify your guests. After you click Save you will be taken back to the Event page. From here, you can select Write a message to guests, which you can tap to enter the messaging feature.