Am I designing a Card, Flyer, or Legacy Card?
Flyers have a different layout from Cards — if the invitation is split into two distinct sections with editable text on the left and an animated image on the right, it is a Flyer.
You can check the top left corner of the page to tell if your Card is a Legacy Card- any Legacy cards will show the word LEGACY next to our pigeon logo.
Card and Flyer: Bounced emails
If an email bounces back as undeliverable, you can still send to the correct address without needing to purchase any more sends. First you will want to click on the bounced guest from your list:
Next, you can click on the Fix and Resend button:
From here, you can update the guest's email address and send when you are ready:
If a correct email is showing as bounced, you can also try resending the invitation from your side.
If you are an IT team member for a domain that is showing correct addresses that are bouncing, you can also reach out to us for help clearing up these bounces.
Card and Flyer: Bounced phone numbers
If you sent to a wrong number, a landline, or a number with delivery restrictions, you can click on the guest from the Manage page to open their guest details. From the guest details box, click the ellipsis menu in the upper right corner, then click Copy personalized link from the dropdown to copy that guest's unique invite URL and paste it into a message to them from your own email or messaging app:
If you are sending multiple invites or messages to the same number, we recommend waiting at least one minute in between each send to prevent your message from being blocked due to carrier restrictions.
Card and Flyer: Incorrect emails or phone numbers that haven't bounced
If you sent to an email or number that is incorrect but did not bounce back as undeliverable, you can either resend the invitation through another channel, or follow these steps:
1. Click on the guest from your Manage Tracking page to open the guest details.
2. From the guest details box, click Edit in the upper right corner.
3. Click Delete guest.
4. From the Manage Tracking page click Add guests.
5. From the Invite Guests page, enter the new email or phone number along with the guest name and click Add guests.
6. Click Send invites.
Contact our support team if you need us to credit you for an incorrect email or phone number that didn't bounce back as undeliverable.
1. Updating incorrect emails
For any recipients whose email was incorrect and did not bounce, you will need to add their updated email address to your Add Guests/Recipients page and send out a new card.
If your card costs Coins, reach out to us with the number of emails you need to resend, and we can add coins to your account.
2. Resending bounced emails
If an email has bounced and you have another email for the same recipient or need to fix a typo, you can resend the card directly from the Tracking page.
- Find the guest in your guest list on the Tracking page and click on their name to open a panel on the right
- There will be an "Email Address" field that you can click into and update, once you update the address, the "Resend" button will light up
- Click "Resend" at the bottom of the panel to send your card to the updated address
If the email address is correct but bounced back anyway (usually due to security or network settings), you can send a direct link to the card, or have the card sent to the primary email on your account for you to forward from this panel as well.
3. Resending to unsubscribed emails
If a recipient is unsubscribed, it means they have chosen to opt out of our mailings, or have marked us as spam. However, you can still send this recipient a card from your own email address:
- On your Tracking page, click on the "Unsubscribed" recipient.
- The "Guest Information" panel will open to the right. From here, choose to send yourself the card and then forward it to the recipient from your own email account.
You can also let anyone who is "Unsubscribed" know that you are unable to send them a card. If they want to be resubscribed, they can do so in their Account Settings if they have a Paperless Post account, or they can send us a request asking to be resubscribed. We are unable to resubscribe anyone without their explicit permission to do so.