It's easy to set up questions to collect information from recipients, such as whether they have any dietary restrictions, their T-shirt size, or which days they'll be attending a multi-day celebration. The steps to do so depend on what kind of Paperless Post mailing you're creating:
Am I designing a Card, Flyer, or Legacy Card?
Flyers have a different layout from Cards — if the invitation is split into two distinct sections with editable text on the left and an animated image on the right, it is a Flyer.
You can check the top left corner of the page to tell if your Card is a Legacy Card- any Legacy cards will show the word LEGACY next to our pigeon logo.
Card and Flyer
You can add additional questions for recipients to answer from your Card or Flyer's Create/Edit page by following these steps:
1. After you’ve edited the design text, navigate to the Details menu by tapping on the event title in the details section below the card.
2. You can find the Add question/Ask your guests questions option at the bottom of your details menu. Make sure it is toggled on. (blue, not gray).
3. You will have the option to request information in any of 4 formats:
- Short answer - Respondents can fill in a freeform text answer up to 150 characters long
- Mailing address - Respondents can enter in a physical address, with optional Google Maps validation
- Multiple Choice - As the host, you can add up to 10 multiple choice options. Respondents will be limited to selecting 1 option from this list.
- Checkboxes - As the host, you can add up to 10 options that respondents will be able to check any number of.
How the questions will appear for recipients
3. If you need to add multiple questions, you can select “Add another question”. Once you're done adding questions, be sure to click Save and then continue to your Add Guests page.
After providing their RSVP, your guests will be prompted to provide their answer to the additional questions in the response fields.
You can view and download guest responses from the Questions page of your invite -- you can navigate here by selecting Questions from the Manage Tracking page.
Please note that there is a 150 character limit to each additional question. If you add a new question after sending your invites, guests who previously RSVPed will not automatically be prompted to answer the new question.
You can customize your legacy card to include an additional RSVP question to allow your guests to state their meal preferences, how many children will be attending, or which events during a weekend-long event they'll attend. The character limit is 255 characters.
On the Enter Details page, in the "Event Page Settings" section, click on "See additional options".
Click “Add additional RSVP question for guests to answer".
Enter your question, and then save your changes.
When your guests reply “Will Attend,” this question will be shown automatically. If your guest skips answering the question, they can return to the card and the question will be displayed for them again. When you preview your card, you can submit an RSVP in order to see how the question will appear for your guests.